What are you able to count on when visiting Iceland? Mountains, waterfalls, untouched nature, glaciers, and for those who’re fortunate, lively volcanoes. And final however not least, steaming scorching springs: the key recipe for surviving Icelandic climate.
Víti, positioned throughout the Askja caldera within the Highlands of Iceland, is a volcanic crater stuffed with heat, mineral-rich water. It’s not simple to get there because it requires automobile and good climate circumstances, however it’s a must-visit place in case you are up for some journey.
Why go to Víti
Víti affords the distinctive expertise of swimming in a crater in the midst of distant Icelandic nature. With the encompassing black volcanic landscapes that seem like from one other world, this go to will depart you with robust reminiscences. Furthermore, this isn’t a typical vacationer spot. The isolation makes it an escape from the busy vacationer spots.
The way to get to Víti
To go to Askja, you’ll want a 4×4 automobile, and it’s solely accessible throughout the summer season months. Be ready for a difficult drive by the Highlands. The commonest place to begin is from the north of Iceland. Take the Route F88 from Myvatn. The street will take you to the F91 main in direction of Askja.
Tips about visiting Víti
- From the automobile park on the finish of the street, a mountain climbing path about 2.5 km lengthy results in the crater rim and Lake Öskjuvatn.
- The spot is accessible solely throughout the summer season season from mid-June till mid-September and is appropriate just for superior drivers.
- You’ll want to select the correct automobile for Iceland, particularly for the highlands
Swimming in Víti is a novel expertise, however be cautious, because the water may be fairly heat.
Guðrúnarlaug Scorching Spring
Guðrúnarlaug is a comfy scorching spring within the west of Iceland. A landslide collapsed on the unique scorching tub, so the unique Guðrún scorching pool has been closed for 140 years. These days, you may go to a duplicate of the unique scorching tub, which was constructed based mostly on what we imagine scorching swimming pools appeared like in Viking instances.
Why go to Guðrúnarlaug
It’s one in every of Iceland’s hidden gems providing a peaceable and intimate expertise in the midst of lovely nature. The water isn’t too scorching, so it’s very best for somebody who doesn’t like scorching springs with excessive temperatures. It makes it very best for a calming tub. Plus, its outlying location means fewer folks, permitting you to totally chill out and benefit from the second. Along with the new tub, there’s a very cute altering room constructed from wooden and stones the place you may change and depart your garments.
The way to get to Guðrúnarlaug
Guðrúnarlaug Scorching Spring is positioned within the western a part of Iceland round 170 kilometers from Reykjavík. In case you are heading there from the capital, observe the Ring Highway, and whenever you attain Bifröst, activate Highway 60, which is able to take you virtually to the spot. The new spring is subsequent to Dalahótel.
Tips about visiting Guðrúnarlaug
- As we stated, the water will not be too scorching, which can be good, however when the climate will not be very nice, the water is likely to be too chilly.
- In case you are going from Reykjavík, make a cease in Bifröst and luxuriate in a stroll on the highest of the volcanic crater.
- Plan the go to this spring in case you are heading to Westfjords as it’s in your manner.
Hrunalaug is one other cute and comfortable scorching spring accompanied by picket and stone shelter. It would remind you of Guðrúnarlaug Scorching Spring, however it’s bigger and strategically positioned close to the Golden Circle.
Why go to Hrunalaug
Hrunalaug affords a small quiet scorching spot hidden in the midst of lush greenery. There’s a place to alter or depart your garments and two pure swimming pools. It is a wonderful various to the crowded Fontana Spa and Secret Lagoon positioned close by.
It was a lesser-known spot for experiencing Iceland’s geothermal wonders. Nonetheless, it’s getting increasingly standard. However in case you are fortunate, the swimming pools is likely to be completely empty, and you’ll absolutely get pleasure from this peaceable place. The steam rising from the nice and cozy water and the close by river make you are feeling such as you’re in a fairy story.
The way to get to Hrunalaug
To seek out Hrunalaug, you could head to the small village of Flúðir. From there, it’s only a quick drive. Observe Highway 344 and after round 3km flip proper, observe the street for one more 700 meters, after which flip proper once more. In a couple of meters, you’ll arrive on the car parking zone of Hrunalaug. Go away your automobile right here and stroll round 130 meters till you attain the vacation spot.
Tips about visiting Hrunalaug
- Hrunalaug is located on personal land. For safety causes and possibly due to rising reputation, there are set opening hours and entrance charges (2000 ISK for adults). There’s additionally a time restrict for visiting, which is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Situated on the seaside within the distant a part of Westfjords, bringing you to the untouched Icelandic landscapes. That’s Krossneslaug. The drive there may be tough, however it’s well worth the journey.
Why go to Krossneslaug
The expertise right here is about embracing the wild fantastic thing about Iceland whereas having fun with a heat, enjoyable tub. The pool is true by the ocean, providing you a surprising view of the Arctic Ocean. There’s a huge likelihood, you may be there alone, due to this fact you’ll really feel such as you’ve found a well-kept secret and reached the top of the world.
The way to get to Krossneslaug
We received’t lie. You want time and a few robust nerves to get to Krossneslaug, perhaps even a 4×4 automobile, because the street is a bit bumpy and unpaved. Nevertheless it isn’t obligatory. Attending to Westfjords itself is kind of an journey, so this would possibly add some spice to it.
Drive to Hólmavík, observe the principle street till a activate Highway 643. There aren’t many choices, so observe the street by the shore one other 80km. The pool is by the top of the street, so you can’t miss it.
Tips about visiting Krossneslaug
- It’s not a pure scorching spring. It’s an outdoor pool, however it’s giant and good for swimming.
- There’s a cabin with altering rooms, bathrooms, and a bathe for each women and men.
- There’s an entrance charge of 1000 ISK for adults.
- The drive is troublesome, however you get an opportunity to get pleasure from some superb views and expertise true Icelandic landscapes.
Additionally learn: Solo traveler in Iceland? No drawback
Reykjadalur may be very standard as it’s a true geothermal wonderland positioned only a quick drive from Reykjavik within the south of Iceland.
Why go to Reykjadalur
Reykjadalur is exclusive as it isn’t only a scorching pool. It’s a scorching river. You get to hike by lovely landscapes after which chill out in a heat river surrounded by beautiful views. It’s a excellent for one-day journey in case you are in Reykjavík or the south.
The way to get to Reykjadalur
Firstly, you should get to Hveragerði, which is a 45-minute drive from Reykjavik, or 1 hour and 45mins from Vík. The hike to the new river takes round 45 minutes.
Tips about visiting Reykjadalur
- Prepare for some crowds. It is a extremely popular spot.
- The upper you get on the river, the hotter the water will get. Concentrate on indicators telling you the place to not go.
- The entire space is stuffed with trails so in case you are a mountain climbing lover, you may get pleasure from some additional steps.
Drangsnes Scorching Pots
Drangsnes Scorching Pots affords a novel coastal bathing expertise within the charming village of Drangsnes. These three seaside scorching tubs overlook the ocean, offering a good way find out how to chill out.
Why go to Drangsnes
To get pleasure from dawn, and sundown, or expertise the midnight solar virtually in the midst of nowhere. In case you are touring round Westfjords, cease in Drangsnes and luxuriate in a while off with a view. Though the tubs are positioned proper subsequent to the street, they’re strategically hidden behind the rocks so you may get pleasure from your second of leisure really undisturbed.
The way to get to Drangsnes
The new tubs are in the midst of Drangsnes in Westfjords, not very distant from Hólmavík. It’s worthwhile to get on Highway 61 after which activate Highway 643, after a couple of kilometers activate Highway 645 and proceed till you attain Drangsnes.
Tips about visiting Drangsnes
- Throughout the street from these tubs, there’s a bathe and bathrooms. The place is properly maintained.
- In case you are fortunate sufficient, you would possibly see some whales within the distance or seals enjoying within the ocean.
Húsafell Canyon Baths
Húsafell Canyon Baths are a set of man-made geothermal baths nestled in a lava area in West Iceland. Regardless that the place isn’t pure, it’s designed to mix easily with the panorama. In case you are on the lookout for a spot to flee from a rush, this is likely to be a spot for you.
Why go to Húsafell Canyon Baths
The baths are constructed from native pure supplies and sources equivalent to stone from the canyon ground. The cabin is constructed from saved wooden from the world. Even the hooks within the altering room are reused horseshoes from a household farm within the neighborhood. By visiting this place, you’ll not solely really feel linked to Icelandic nature but in addition to Icelandic traditions.
The way to get to Húsafell Canyon Baths
Húsafell is a few two-hour drive from Reykjavik. The baths are simply accessible, and also you’ll discover them throughout the Húsafell Resort space. To get there you should observe the street 518.
Tips about visiting Húsafell Canyon Baths
- It is a paid scorching pool. In the event you plan to go to it, don’t overlook to ebook your ticket prematurely.
- The water is round 38 levels, though there’s a pure 6-degree pool fed instantly from the river.
- Mix the go to to the baths with exploring the Icelandic Highlands.
As you propose your go to to Iceland, don’t overlook so as to add these outstanding scorching springs to your itinerary.
Whether or not you search journey within the distant Highlands or a tranquil soak within the midst of nature, Iceland’s scorching springs provide a various vary of experiences.
From hidden gems to well-known points of interest, every scorching spring holds its personal distinctive appeal, promising unforgettable reminiscences amidst Iceland’s breathtaking landscapes.